"Through the tender mercy of our God, with which the Dayspring from on high will visit us."
Dayspring Christian Academy (DCA) is a ministry of the Crossroads International Church CIC (formerly South Attleboro Assembly of God) and is dedicated to educating and training students to know and live their lives for Jesus Christ. DCA has been called of God to partner with parents who desire a Christian education for their child/children.
DCA is purposed to establishing relationships within the local communities as an effort to make a positive impact for Christ.
DCA is purposed to advance the Kingdom of God. This key aspect is accomplished with intentional efforts, in coordination with CIC, to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, first to the students and families of the school, and then to the area communities and its people.
DCA exists to:
- Glorify God in every aspect of the school’s ministry
- Lead students to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior
- Teach students to honor God with a Christ-like character
- Provide a safe God-honoring environment conducive to a student’s spiritual growth
- Be a positive influence for Christ in area communities
- Build the Kingdom of God in the greater South Attleboro area
- Offer a quality education that prepares students for success in the future that God has planned for them
Dayspring Christian Academy exists to glorify God by leading students to a personal knowledge of Jesus Christ and to prepare them academically and spiritually for the future God has planned for them.
Dayspring Christian Academy’s mission is to Glorify God in every aspect of the school’s operation on a daily basis. DCA will seek to accomplish this mission by:
- Integrating Biblical principles into every subject taught
- Supporting, promoting, and providing opportunities for spiritual development
- Following a Biblically based discipline plan
- Developing, maintaining, and implementing a scriptural accountability program for school staff members and students
- Encouraging and providing opportunity for the professional development of school staff members
Dayspring Christian Academy seeks to partner with its families and area communities. DCA will seek to accomplish this mission by:
- Extending an invitation to parents to any and all school functions
- Providing parents’ access to and encouraging communication with their child’s teacher and the administration of the school
- Offering parents and members of the community opportunities to participate in the educational process
- Seeking opportunities of partnership with parents, area churches, community businesses, and organizations
- Encouraging parents, area churches, community businesses, and organizations to support DCA activities and fundraisers
Dayspring Christian Academy seeks to provide a high quality education from the perspective of a Biblical worldview (a point of view or perspective that is based on Biblical standards). DCA will seek to accomplish this mission by:
- Using academically sound Biblically-based curriculum
- Teaching students age-appropriate critical thinking
- Seeking methods to further improve communication between school staff and families
- Employing highly qualified and certified teachers in the classroom
- Providing a meaningful and relevant spiritual program
Dayspring Christian Academy seeks to prepare students to impact their culture and their communities for Jesus Christ. DCA will seek to accomplish this mission by:
- Employing a dedicated staff of believers in Christ who model Christ-like attitudes and behavior
- Utilizing curriculums and teaching methods that are taught from a Biblical worldview
- Teaching students about Christ’s offer of salvation and giving students the opportunity to choose to place their faith in Him
- Teaching students how to share their faith in Christ with others
- Implementing programs with an intentional and purposed spiritual emphasis
- Expecting staff, students, and parents to attempt to honor God in all ways
- Teaching students the importance of being a Christ-like servant leader by offering them community service and mission opportunities
Dayspring Christian Academy will partner with families to provide a high quality Christian education taught within the context of a Biblical worldview, and will follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit to equip students to impact their communities for Jesus Christ.
Dayspring Christian Academy is committed to a sustainable growth level in all areas of school operation that does not alter the quality of education, the culture and attitude of family, and is committed to teaching and operating within the context of a Biblical worldview.
In an attempt to be good stewards, the desirable strategy for growth is to maximize the fullest potential of the facilities before considering new facility construction or growth beyond the current property limitations. All growth, both short and long term, will remain dependent upon the Lord’s provision, the school’s financial status, and the existing school program obligations. The primary vision and goal of growth at DCA is to build God’s Kingdom as He directs. The secondary vision and goal is to meet the needs of area parents who wish to partner with a Christian school in educating their children within the context of a Biblical worldview. As the local communities grow and change, DCA will seek to grow with it at a sustainable rate, and be an accurate reflection of the area communities.
Dayspring Christian Academy is committed to growth that allows the school to offer area parents a high quality Christian school option that prepares students to influence their culture for Christ, allows South Attleboro Assembly of God Church and Dayspring Christian Academy the ability to increase the impact for Christ in the surrounding communities, and building the Kingdom of God in the greater South Attleboro area.
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
DCA seeks to offer parents a positive alternative to secular education. The faculty, staff, and administration at DCA recognizes the need to provide a high quality education, both spiritually and academically. With this realization, DCA seeks to provide a quality and challenging academic education taught from a Biblical worldview. The core philosophy of education at DCA is founded on a Biblical worldview. Thus, it is the philosophy at DCA that a complete education can only be obtained when taught from a Biblical worldview. The following are the pillars of the DCA philosophy of education.
- The ministry of teaching: DCA promotes the belief that teaching is a ministry to students and their families. The act of ministering involves addressing more than simply teaching academic subjects.
- Ministering to the whole child: This method of ministering/teaching involves a comprehensive approach to address the development of the whole child physically, mentally, emotionally, morally, spiritually, socially, and culturally.
- Tripod approach: DCA believes in a coordinated educational effort that involves the home, the school, and the church working together for the good of the student. The focus of this effort is on the core belief that Jesus Christ is the central aspect in all learning and living. All knowledge and academic subjects are to be evaluated in light of God's Word, including all extra-curricular activities.
- Character training: DCA considers character training, respect, and obedience to be crucial in the cultivation of self-discipline, which is essential to the emotional, mental, physical, social, and spiritual well-being of the student.
- Authority and discipline: DCA believes that the teacher/adult authority figure is to be respected by all students. When necessary, authority figures at DCA understand that discipline is to be administered fairly, firmly, and lovingly. In an effort to minimize the need for disciplinary measures, DCA will strive to instill in each student a love God and others, obedience to God and the authorities He establishes, and a desire to choose that which is righteous and good in God’s sight. This will equip them for their individual role in God's plan for their lives, and for their place in society.
- Reality: As the personal and purposeful Creator of the universe, God is the ultimate reality. Reality in education involves helping students come to an experiential knowledge of God.
- Truth: As Christian educators we take the position that God has revealed Truth to us through Jesus Christ and the Bible (John 14:6; 17:17; 1 Corinthians 2:9-16; Colossians 1:25-27). Revelation has priority over man's reason since man's ability to perceive truth has been affected by the fall of mankind.
- Knowledge and Wisdom: Since there is a disparity between earthly knowledge and wisdom, and spiritual knowledge and wisdom, the Word of God must be the standard by which all knowledge and wisdom are measured (1 Corinthians 1-2; 7:10-16; James 3:13-18). Recognition of this principle is vital to the handling of actual information in the curriculum of the school.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- DCA believes that the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- DCA believes in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- DCA believes that Jesus Christ was the only begotten Son of God the Father, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, is both God and man, and will one day return to Earth.
- DCA believes that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred, not only physical death, but also spiritual death (which is separation from God), and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- DCA believes that the Lord Jesus Christ died for the sins of all people, according to the scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him as their Lord and Savior, are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- DCA believes in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven, and in His personal future return to Earth in power and glory.
- DCA believes in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling, a true believer in Jesus is enabled to live a holy life.
- DCA believes that all, who by faith, receives the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior are born again, and thereby become children of God.
- DCA believes a final judgment in which those who have believed in Jesus as Lord and Savior will inherit eternal life in Heaven, and in which those who have not believed in Jesus will inherit an eternal separation from God.
- DCA believes in water baptism as an outward sign of a belief in Jesus as Lord and Savior.
The following are the Biblical values taught at DCA in all areas of school life, both academic and extra-curricular:
- Students are to respect authority and must demonstrate that respect in their words, actions, and attitudes.
- The Bible is taught as a core subject and is essential to the academic curriculum.
- Parents have the prime responsibility for the education of their children, and the Christian school exists to assist, not replace, parents meet that responsibility.
- Students need to learn how to process information, apply age-appropriate critical thinking, and think within the context of a Biblical worldview.
- Staff and students are committed to academic and spiritual excellence, striving to maximize each student's God-given potential.
- Staff and Students are to be involved in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19,20) via community service and mission opportunities.
- Christian education provides a means of evangelizing, nurturing, and disciplining students for a life of service to God and society.
Dayspring Christian Academy is open to students and their families who come from a wide range of experiences and belief in God. Nevertheless, there are some Biblical topics that may be covered at DCA which are not universally agreed upon by all, even in the Christian church. These topics are the result of how the South Attleboro Assembly of God/Dayspring Christian Academy interpret Scripture. DCA desires that you, as parents of DCA students, be aware of the position the school takes in the four areas mentioned below.
DCA takes the following stance in these specific areas:
- DCA interprets Scripture to teach Biblical creation over evolution. Genesis 1:1, Romans 1:19-25, Psalm 100:3
- DCA interprets Scripture to support the sanctity of life, including life of an unborn child. Psalm 139:13, Jeremiah 1:5, Luke 1:15, 44
- DCA interprets Scripture to approve of sexual activity only in a marital relationship between a husband (male) and a wife (female). Exodus 20:14, Galatians 5, Galatians 5:19, I Corinthians 6:18, Leviticus 18:22, Romans 1:27
- DCA interprets Scripture to be in opposition to various forms of teaching that are considered “worldly” from a Biblical perspective. A “worldly” teaching perspective formulates from a philosophy that views all academic subjects, and life in general, from a perspective that eliminates God from His positon as creator and supreme authority on all subjects. This also includes teachings that instruct people to obtain special revelations, insights or knowledge through the use of spirits, séances, horoscopes, Ouija boards, prisms, crystal balls, metaphysical techniques, imaging, and other similar means. Lev. 19:31, Col 2:8, I John 4:1, Rev. 22:18
The goals for DCA include, but are not limited to the following:
- To encourage each student to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- To foster in students a desire to seek, know, and obey God’s will for their lives.
- To develop in each student a Biblical worldview.
- To encourage and equip students to live a life of personal holiness before the Lord, a self-disciplined life, and a respect for and submission to the authority of God and for those He places in positions of authority.
- To teach the basic Biblical doctrines and principles as articulated in the DCA Statement of Faith.
- To cultivate in each student a personality based upon a proper understanding and acceptance of oneself as a unique individual, created in the image of God, with unlimited potential and God-given gifts, talents, and abilities.
- To prepare students to be a contributing member of society that impacts their culture and generation for Christ.
- To teach a proper Scriptural attitude toward marriage, family, and how to establish a God-honoring home.
- To promote physical fitness, good healthy habits, and the wise use of the body as the temple of God.
- To function as a partner with parents, aiding them in their Biblical responsibility of training a child to know, love, and obey God.
- To purposefully and effectively integrate Biblical principles into every subject, extra-curricular activity, and all learning experiences.
- To strive toward excellence in all academic subjects.
- To teach and encourage the use of good study habits, research skills, and the process of logical thinking.
- To offer students the opportunity to develop and excel in extra-curricular areas such as athletics, fine arts, and academic competitions.